IMBCS #8 George Wyth MTB Race
George Wyth State Park
Sunday, August 14, 2016
(Please note the date has changed to the 14th)
Race Director: Lee Geisinger, CVAST
Race route is flagged. Starting at the lodge parking lot go into Twisty, PT, Wonderland. Follow the bypass of Huggy Bear beside the paved trail. We will trim the low hanging branches this week. Cut back onto Huggy Bear and into the sand trap, Fast Times, Tunnel Trail, Fisherman’s Trail to the bridge but turn right then left on the double wide trail to Lodge trail. The flags mark your way at any trail intersection. The flags will be on your right side.
Categories, Start Times, and Distances
|9:30 a.m.||Kids Race||TBD||FREE|
|10:00 a.m.||Cat 3 Novice||TBD||$35|
|12:00 noon||Men Cat 1||TBD||$35|
|12:10 p.m.||Women Cat 1||TBD||$35|
|12:10 p.m.||Cat 2 Sport||TBD||$35|
Schedule subject to change. Classes may be combined and/or races shortened if conditions warrant.
Registration and Awards
- Online registration closes at 11:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, August 12th (10:00 p.m. MDT 8/12/16).
- Free registration for all those 18 and under. Provided by the IBMCS Youth Entry Fee Help Fund.
- Cash and swag payouts.
- Cash prizes totaling $500 for top 3 in Comp, Men Cat 2, Women Cat 2, Men Cat 3, and Women Cat 3. Provided by IMBCS title sponsor World of Wheels.
- Held under USAC permit #2016-2396.
- Free beer will be available post race for all those of legal drinking age. Provided by IMBCS sponsor Oskar Blues Brewery.
- All proceeds help support CVAST for the sustainable maintenance and creation of soft trails at George Wyth State Park.