IMBCS #3 Summerset Shootout presented by Rasmussen Bike Shop
Banner Lakes at Summerset State Park
New Date: Sunday, June 5, 2016
Old Date: Saturday, June 4, 2016
Trail run included
Race Director: Jason Dal, Rasmussen Bike Shop MTB Race Team
Back in the 1930s, the state park was home to one of Iowa’s largest strip mines. Over the past five-plus years, the Central Iowa Trail Association in cooperation with the Iowa DNR has transformed the abandoned strip mine into over five miles of narrow-tread, tight-and-twisty single track.
Full lap at Banner is 5.25–5.5 miles and includes Coal Miner’s Daughter (with black sections), New Ed Beach, Missing Link, Corner Pocket (black), park road, Riverside, park road, and Extra Credit* (black). There is a Strava segment of the course.
* Extra Credit has a new entrance and new trail added since this segment was created.
Categories, Start Times, and Distances
|9:00 a.m.||Trail Run||1 Full Lap||$20 same day|
|10:00 a.m.||Kids Race||1 Short Lap||FREE|
|10:30 a.m.||Fat Bike||2 Modified Laps||$20 same day|
|10:30 a.m.||Cat 3 Novice||1 Modified Lap||$20 online
$25 same day
|10:35 a.m.||Juniors||1 Modified Lap||FREE|
|Cat 1||Men: 4 Laps
Women: 3 Laps
$35 same day
|12:06 p.m.||Comp||3 Laps||$25 online
$30 same day
|12:09 p.m.||Cat 2 Sport||2 Laps||$25 online
$30 same day
Schedule subject to change. Classes may be combined and/or races shortened if conditions warrant.
- Online registration closes at 11:00 p.m. CDT on Thursday, June 2nd (10:00 p.m. MDT 6/2/16).
- On-site registration for the trail run opens at 7:45 a.m. On-site registration for the mountain bike races opens at 8:45 a.m. Registration ends 30 minutes prior to each race.
- Cash payouts, three places deep, for both men’s and women’s Cat 1.
- Held under USAC permit #2016-1539.
- Fat bikes must have 3.6″ tires or greater.
- Registration and start/finish are located at the 2nd parking lot from the park entrance.
- No racer parking in the registration lot. Park in the first lot or the boat ramp lot past the start/finish line.
- There is no running water available, and the two toilets are primitive pit toilets. Some drinking water will be available at the registration tent.
- Rain date is Sunday, June 5. Announcement will be made at approximately 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. Saturday regarding on schedule/two-hour same day delay/postponement to Sunday.