IMBCS #6 Whiterock Conservancy Liberty Bell Cup*
Coon Rapids, Iowa
Sunday, July 2, 2017 – CAT 3, Fat Bike, Juninors
Rain Date TBD, August, 2017 – CAT 1, CAT 2, Comp, Marathon
*Marathon MTB category included
Race Director: Rob Cook, IMBCS Advisory Board
Whiterock Conservancy is a 5,500 acre non-profit land trust that balances sustainable agriculture, natural resource protection, and public recreation on the landscape. Located near Coon Rapids, Iowa along seven miles of the Middle Raccoon River valley, they are open to the public every day for recreation and exploration.
With 16 miles of bike optimized singletrack trails and 12 miles of shared used trails, there is plenty of room to find new adventures. Trails are professionally designed and built to have varying degrees of difficulty to test and build your skills.
Juniors/CAT3: 2 – Lap(s) of Little Dipper
Fat Bike: 2 – laps of Big Dipper (twice the creek crossings!)
Marathon/CAT1/COMP/CAT2: TBD – Lap(s)Down Big Dipper, Shooting Star across the road, Riverside Trail, 805 Trail, then lap(s) of Long Creek. Once you have completed your long creek lap(s) you’ll head back on Riverside to Shooting Star then up the other half of Big Dipper/Little Dipper to the finish.
Notes: We will be looking at last years race to figure out how many lap(s) of Long Creek but at this point I think that CAT2 will do 1 lap, COMP/CAT1 Women 2 laps and CAT1 Men 3 laps with Marathon going until they tap out. At the 4 hour mark Marathoners will be told to head back, no new laps of Long Creek can be started. We will adjust the start time of the Marathon so that everyone should finish about the same time.
Categories, Start Times, and Distances
|10:00 a.m. Men
10:02 a.m. Women
|Cat 3 Novice||–||$35 on-site|
|10:04 a.m.||Marathon||4 Hours||$35 on-site|
|10:10 a.m.||Fat Bike||–||$35 on-site|
|12:00 noon||Men Cat 1||–||$35 on-site|
|12:02 p.m.||Comp||–||$35 on-site|
|12:04 p.m.||Women Cat 1||–||$35|
|12:06 p.m.||Men Cat 2||–||$30|
|12:08 p.m.||Women Cat 2||–||$35|
Schedule subject to change. Classes may be combined and/or races shortened if conditions warrant.
Registration and Awards
- $5 of every registration will be donated to Whiterock to cover trail maintenance
- On-Site registration and start/finish are located near Starfield Campground.
- Online registration closes at 11 p.m. CDT on 6/30/18 (10 p.m. MDT 6/30/17).
- Free registration for all those 18 and under. Provided by the IBMCS Youth Entry Fee Help Fund.
- Men’s Cat 1 purse is $TBD, paid per IMBCS rules.
- Women’s Cat 1 purse is $TBD, paid per IMBCS rules.
- Merchandise will be awarded in all other races.
- Held under USAC permit #2017-1744.
- All races start at Star Field Campground.
- Special drawing for swag for those who pre-register.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, and beer after the race at Star Field Campground.
- Visit the Whiterock Conservancy website for more information on this unique venue.
- Camping available on site in the Star Field Campground. Details below…
Star Field Campground is the place to be Saturday before the race. It has a showerhouse with real toilets and showers. There are 13 official camping spots with fire rings and they are first come first served, but the entire Star Field Campground has been made available for the race as well, so there is plenty of camping available. The cost is $12 per tent, $18 for campers. No RV hookups.