IMBCS #7 Whiterock Conservancy Liberty Bell Cup*
Iowa State Championship Race
Coon Rapids, Iowa
Saturday, July 7, 2018
*Marathon MTB category included
Race Director: Maria Ruhtenberg & Rob Cook, IMBCS Advisory Board
Whiterock Conservancy is a 5,500 acre non-profit land trust that balances sustainable agriculture, natural resource protection, and public recreation on the landscape. Located near Coon Rapids, Iowa along seven miles of the Middle Raccoon River valley, they are open to the public every day for recreation and exploration.
With 16 miles of bike optimized singletrack trails and 12 miles of shared used trails, there is plenty of room to find new adventures. Trails are professionally designed and built to have varying degrees of difficulty to test and build your skills.
Includes Big Dipper Down, Big/Little intersection to Fig Road, Pond Hopper and the Whiterock Cons – West Loop CCW (lap counts are for the west loop in cat 2, comp, and cat 1), and finish with Little Dipper up to Big Dipper (includes shooting star).
View Whiterock segments on Strava
Categories, Start Times, and Distances
|10:00 a.m. Men
10:02 a.m. Women
|Cat 3 Novice||1 Lap||$35 on-site|
|10:04 a.m.||Marathon||4 Hours||$35 on-site|
|10:06 a.m.||Fat Bike||1 Lap||$35 on-site|
|10:10 a.m.||Juniors (17 & under)||1 Lap||$35 on-site|
|12:00 noon||Men’s Cat 1||4 Laps||$35 on-site|
|12:02 p.m.||Comp (Mixed)||3 Laps||$35 on-site|
|12:04 p.m.||Women Cat 1||3 Laps||$35 on-site|
|12:06 p.m.||Men Cat 2||2 Laps||$35 on-site|
|12:08 p.m.||Women Cat 2||2 Laps||$35 on-site|
Schedule subject to change. Classes may be combined and/or races shortened if conditions warrant.
Registration and Awards
- $5 of every registration will be donated to Whiterock to cover trail maintenance
- On-Site registration and start/finish are located near Starfield Campground.
- Online registration not open yet.
- Men’s Cat 1 purse is $TBD, paid per USAC rules.
- Women’s Cat 1 purse is $TBD, paid per USAC rules.
- Merchandise/Medals will be awarded in all other races.
- Held under USAC permit #2018-1894
- All races start at Star Field Campground.
- Special drawing for swag for those who pre-register.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, and beer after the race at Star Field Campground.
- Visit the Whiterock Conservancy website for more information on this unique venue.
- Camping available on site in the Star Field Campground.
We will have pre-riding, shenanigans and camping the night before. Stay over for family friendly fun rides and breakfast Sunday morning. Racing on Sunday with food and music.