IMBCS #8 Ewing Park Kickback Classic*
Des Moines, Iowa
New date: July 30, 2017
Old date: Saturday, May 20, 2017
Race Director: Colby Brommel & Ben Brommel
Race Video – Flow Trail Start
Racing will consist of miles of flowy black dirt singletrack in the middle of town. 1 Lap is 3.1 miles long and will include Ewing Park’s freshly built FLOW TRAILS.
Categories, Start Times, and Distances
|9:00 a.m.||Marathon||4 Hours||$30 early/ $35 on-site|
|10:00 a.m. Men
10:03 a.m. Women
|Cat 3 Novice||2 laps – 6.2 miles||$30 early/$35 on-site|
|10:05 a.m.||Juniors||1 lap – 3.1 miles||FREE|
|12:00 noon Men
12:03 p.m. Women
|Pro/Cat 1||7 laps – 21.7 miles
6 laps – 18.6 miles
|$30 early/$35 on-site|
|12:05 p.m.||Comp||5 laps – 15.5 miles||$30 early/ $35 on-site|
|12:15 p.m. Men
12:16 p.m. Women
|Sport/Cat 2||4 laps – 12.4 miles||$30 early/ $35 on-site|
Schedule subject to change. Classes may be combined and/or races shortened if conditions warrant. Final laps will be announced soon.
Registration and Awards
- On-site registration and start/finish are located near the BMX track.
- On-site registration opens Sunday the 30th at 8 AM, and closes 30 minutes before the start of each race.
- Free registration for all those 18 and under. Provided by the IBMCS Youth Entry Fee Help Fund.
- IMBCS MTB CAT 1 Men/Women payout schedule is based on # of racers, scale is gender equal 🙂 It is predicted that Women will be paid 3 deep, and Men 5 deep.
- All other Categories will receive medals three deep.
- Held under USAC permit #2017-1405
- USAC license required, with 1-day licenses available for purchase on-site. https://
- Start/Finish line will be on the West side of the park, near the BMX track.
- Restrooms and running water available down the hill near the Ashley Okland playground.
- Parking for the race will be at the Ewing Park Flow Trails Trail Head/BMX Park (1651 E McKinley Ave, Des Moines, IA 50320)